Best water filtering system: It is one of the “Most-Fitted Beneficial Machines” for our healthy well-being. In this polluted world, it becomes the crying need for all of us. And the importance of the best whole house reverse osmosis system is increasing day by day. In choosing the suitable one for us, we need to look into some issues generally relating to the best water filtration system.
Otherwise, we’ll not be able to pick the most-fitted one from the hundreds of filters. Every manufacturer claims to have something special in their filters. But the reality is that all those special features are not needed for a man. We need some of those specialties depending on our source water condition. That’s why you’ve to think out that special, which is needed exclusively by you. That’s why we need to take a repeated look at the writing & sharing relating to water filters. Today we’re here to tell you about 10 best water filters of 2020. Let’s start our today’s journey!
What’re The Characteristics of the Best Water Filtration System?
Like every tool of our day to day life, the best water filter has some features. On seeing those features, you’ll be able to choose the right one. Let’s see some of those aspects!
- The water filter has some certain cleansing capability, like- UV purification, RO (reverse osmosis), Re-mineralization, and the like. These cleaning processes are effective in certain areas.
- All the accessories for installing the filter will be provided in the ordered package. That means no tools for installing the filter have to buy by the user. After getting it in the hand, just you need to install it using the tools delivered with the package.
- The weight and dimension of that filter have to be reasonable. Suppose the weight of a water filter maybe 20 to 30 pounds. And the dimension may be from 14.5 x 6 x 17 to 15.3 x 9.1 x 18.1 inches. For placing the filter in your home, knowing the dimension of your filter is necessary too.
- The quality and feature of the filter have to be easily mentioned in the user manual. Even it may e mentioned in the name of the filter. Suppose, APEC Water Systems RO-90 Ultimate Series Top Tier Supreme Certified High Output 90 GPD Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis (2nd in our listing) keep the term “Reverse Osmosis” in its name.
- The purification capability of those filters has to be up to the mark. It is expedient to remove more than 99% of filthy substances using the best water filter. All the filters mentioned in this listing are able to remove away 99% pollutants from the natural water.
These characteristics are common to be considered in choosing a filter. In that, these features are enough to provide you healthy & freshwater. Yet there are some other features of the best water filtration system but these 5 features are of much importance. Now we’re going to show you the good and bad of 10 best water filters. First off, take a look at the table below-
01. iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Water Filter System
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage | Superb Taste | High Capacity | Under Sink | Reverse Osmosis | Drinking Water Filter System | Alkaline Remineralization – Natural pH
The iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage water filter system is committed to providing 6 stages of purification. The dimension of this 20 pounds weighted filter is 14.5 x 6 x 17 inches. The model number of this filter is RCC7AK. Currently, it is sold by iSpring which works in the USA from 2005. It is available in the Amazon from September 6, 2011. You’ll get this filter with a good number of components, like- Filter Cartridges with RO Membrane, RO System, Brushed Nickel Faucet, and Storage Tank.
The Brushed Nickel Faucet given with this filter is much attractive to look and generally, such faucet is used in the construction industry. It can be used within the water of 45 to 70 PSI. That means you’ll not be able to use this filter perfectly if the pressure is under 45 PSI. For easy detecting, any leakage this filter system uses Leak Stop Valve and it is able to find out caused leakage. It claims to keep you safe from 1,000 plus contaminants, like- hormones, asbestos, chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, and the like. It can cleanse 98% of lead and 99% of other filthy items. The RO membrane containing in it is able to keep some healthy minerals without removing.
02. APEC Water Systems RO-90 Ultimate Series Top Tier Supreme Certified High Output 90 GPD Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System, Chrome Faucet
This item model number of this filter is RO-90 that is approved by WQA Goal Seal. It is able to supply water two times faster than the others. You’ve to look at the temperature of your water, that is – 40 – 100 degree F. In that, this filter can function within this water temperature range. Most interestingly, you can use the adapter & metal stem of the faucet without using any Teflon tape. Just attaching these two will be enough to function properly. After installing this filter when natural water comes to your house, firstly, it will face polypropylene sediment filter and it will remove all touchable particles. Secondly, it will make the natural water free from “chlorine & odor” using its extruded carbon block. After that FILMTEC of it will remove 99% Total Dissolved Solids making the natural water almost usable. At the last stage, it will remove carbon using Advanced Coconut Shells. In this last stage, it will apply the “Total Contamination Removal” system. This system is for removing away the remaining taste of the natural water. That means after applying repeated filtration, light taste & smell of the natural water remains. After removing such, it becomes perfectly usable to you.
03. APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 75 GPD 6-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ESSENCE ROES-PH75)
This water filtering system is the number one choice of the people who desire to drink mineral water. This Best water filtering system keeps the term “Top Tier Alkaline Mineral” in its name. The reason is that before providing the water supply to you, it gathers calcium carbonate to the filtered water for augmenting the alkalinity. That’s the main difference between this one and the immediately previous one. Do you know- what is the benefit of such alkalinity? Using water with alkalinity brings down the speed of the aging process. Another awesome feature of this filter is that it is the potential for enhancing hydrogen in water (PH level). This 25 pounds weighted water filter has a dimension of 16 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches. It claims to provide you 6-stage filtration of natural water. Surely you can choose this filter for upgrading your water. It can provide you 75 gallons of filtered water per day. This provided water will be free from Volatile Organic Chemicals. It is recommended to use under the water pressure of 40-85 psi. The item model number of this filter is ROES-PH75 and 2 years warranty is available. You’ll not need to buy extra tools for installing this filter as all the tools will be provided with the ordered package.
04. iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
iSpring RCC7 | High Capacity Under Sink | 5-Stage | Reverse Osmosis | Drinking Water Filtration System | Ultimate Water Softener
This water filtering system of 25 pounds is the best water filter of 15 x 8 x 18 inches dimension. Its item model number is RCC7. This filtration system offers to remove away 1000 plus contaminants applying 5 stages of filtration. The whole filtration system includes 3 pre-filters, that is- Carbon block (CTO), PP sediment, and Carbon KDF (GAC). Then it applies the Reverse Osmosis (RO) to remove all the chemical elements coming with the water. It can also provide 75 gallons per day like the previous one. Only one year warranty and a money-back guarantee are available with this filter. You’ll get this filter with all the needful like- mounting bracket, filter parts, faucet, and tubing. That’s why it is not needed to buy any other tools for installation. For operating this filtration system, the speed of natural water flow must be 45 to 70 PSI. If the water flow pressure of your house is more or less than that psi, you’ll have to use a pressure regulator for keeping the filter operation normal. In addition to that, the temperature of the water should be 40 – 100 °F. For getting the prettied up function from this filter you need to replace it after 2-3 years.
05. APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ESSENCE ROES-50)
The weight of this water filtering system is 25 pounds while the dimension is 16 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches. For keeping its regular function you need to run this filter in the water pressure of 40-85 psi. This best water filtering system can remove 99% of filthy substances. The manufacturer claims to check 1000 plus items coming with the natural water applying 5 stages of filtration. The natural flow of water should be 40 – 100 ºF temperature for the proper running of this system. All the manufacturing process of this filtering system was accomplished in the USA. In case of filling up the tank, it will need 2-3 hours. 2 years warranty is available here. If you see or experience any leakage at the Tank ball valve just some wraps of Teflon tape will be enough to fix the problem. This system is able to provide only 50 gallons of water per day. The water tank of this filter is the tank is 15 x 11 inches while the filter size is only filters are 15 x 17 inches. The whole system is totally electricity-free, you need not use any electricity to operate this whole system.
06. iSpring RCC7P Boosted Performance Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Pump and Ultimate Water Softener
This one is 32.5 pounds weighted with a dimension of 14.5 x 5.2 x 19 inches water filtering system. The weight of this filter is a bit high than any other general filter. The item model number of this one is RCC7P. Your ordered package will be included Filter Cartridges attached with RO Membrane, Brushed Nickel Faucet, RO System, Storage Tank, and the like. This best water filtration system was available in the Amazon from 2010. Your water source must have 30 to 70 PSI of water pressure while the temperature must be of 40 – 100 °F. Here you’ll get all the features of GAC & CTO filters. You can keep the faucet at the 15 feet distance from the water tank. If you need to keep any faucet for more than 15 feet distance, you’ve to use a demand pump for meeting this need. For getting the best output, you can make the tank fully empty & refill every month. It will cleanse away all the filthy items from inside the tank. You may also use any cleaning tool for this purpose. But it is not for producing Mineral Drinking Water. You can use this filter as a general water purifier.
07. APEC WFS-1000 Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage Under-Sink Water Filter System
This is another water filtering system with 6×15 x 12 inches. It is fit for those people who have not enough room for installing the filter. In installing this filter you only need to 15” L x 6” W x 12” H space. Another important aspect of this filter is that if your water incoming pressure is below 40 PSI, you can use this filter then. In that, only 20 PSI is needed to run it while other best filters ask for at least 40 PSI. But it is recommended to keep this filter away from a hot water source as well as direct sunlight. This filter contains a 10-inch polypropylene sediment filter that will remove all the touchable filths when the natural water comes in it. In the next phase, extruded carbon block will look on the other issues, like- chlorine cleansing, taste & odor matter, and the like. For boosted output, you need to replace this best filtration system every 12 months. But you can use the Filter Housing O-rings for 3 to 5 years without any replacement.
08. iSpring RCC7P-AK Boosted Performance Under Sink 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Filtration System and Ultimate Water Softener with Alkaline Remineralization, and Pump
This one is just opposite to the previous one in terms of the weight and dimension. Its weight is 33.1 pounds and the Dimension is 14.5 x 5.2 x 19 inches. You can recognize it seeing the item model number RCC7P-AK. You’ll have the option to install this filter under your kitchen sink. This best water filtering system can operate its function under 30 PSI – 70 PSI of water pressure and 40 – 100 °F of water temperature. 6 stages filtration of natural water is offered by the manufacturer for cleansing away 1000 plus filthy substances. You’ll get Brushed Nickel Faucet and Storage Tank with your ordered package. You can install Brushed Nickel Faucet anywhere you need for your using. The Storage Tank is for holding the fresh usable water coming from the reverse osmosis system. Filter Cartridges with RO Membrane will also be provided as well. For keeping some beneficial minerals in the supplied water it will re-mineralize (Alkaline Re-mineralization) the water after initial filtration. In addition to that, it also keeps the red mineral stone portion in the system. That will add calcium & magnesium in the initial filtered water. It will add a 1-year warranty and money-back guarantee will be given.
09. iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100 GPD 7-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
iSpring RCC1 | UP-AK 100 GPD High Capacity | Boosted Performance | Under Sink 7-Stage | Reverse Osmosis | Drinking Water Filtration System | Ultimate Water Softener | Alkaline Remineralization | Pump
While the best water filtration system offers 5 stages of filtration this one offers 7 stages of additional filtration. The weight of this filter is 35.3 pounds while the dimension is 15.3 x 9.1 x 18.1 inches. It is the heaviest weighted filter in this listing. Its RO system is enough potent to cleanse away all the arsenic, hormones, asbestos, chlorine, fluoride, lead, and other filthy items. Its Sensor Switch works to save the power of the UV lamp. Here threading pipes are not needed to accomplish the installation of it. The necessity of low maintenance is another feature of this best water filtering system. The working procedure of this one is a bit different from the previous others. Its last stage is not alkaline re-mineralization rather it does this re-mineralization at the sixth stage. At the last stage, it applies a UV sterilizer that is enough capable to kill all the microorganisms. Its water tank is 16 x 11 inches and doesn’t make any disturbing sound of water supply. It is recommended to use under the water pressure of 30 – 70 PSI. You can order it seeing the item mode number RCC1UP-AK.
10. APEC Top Tier 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ULTIMATE RO-PH90)
APEC | Top Tier Supreme Certified | Alkaline Mineral pH+ | High Output 90 GPD | 6-Stage | Ultra Safe | Reverse Osmosis | Drinking Water Filter System |ULTIMATE RO-PH90
This WQA certified best water filtering system is able to remove away 1000 plus polluted substances from the natural water. It will safely increase the raise pH level to provide you the benefit of alkaline water. This 28 pounds weighted filter is of 7 x 15 x 18 inches dimension. The whole filter system will be sent to you with the fashionable faucet. These faucets will provide you completely lead-free water. On ordering this filter, you’ll get lifetime support from the company with a warranty of 2 years. You’ll see a similarity between the working procedure of APEC WFS-1000 Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage filter and that of this one. When natural water enters the system it will apply 5 microns to cleanse all the filthy particles from water. After this stage extruded carbon block filter oversees the taste & odor related issues. After that, its TFC RO membrane will cleanse 99% TDS and destroy all the microorganisms. This TDS removing is the main difference between APEC WFS-1000 Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage filter and this filter. At the last stage, it applies advanced coconut shell for removing residual issues. You can order this best water filtration system seeing the item model number RO-PH90.
What is Reverse Osmosis? Why this System is kept in Best Water Filters?
The term reverse osmosis indicates a porous membrane through which natural water passes. It is kept in almost all the best water filtering system. But the question is in the presence of pre-filters- why it is needed? You probably know that all types of filtering are not fit for meeting all the purposes. Generally, pre-filtering is for removing away all the touchable particles coming with the natural water. Even you may perform this filtering process manually. But after pre-filtering, all types of chemicals and microorganisms cannot be washed away. For that reason reverse osmosis needed to be kept in the best water filter. This system does its function through pressure. That means water passes through this membrane under pressure. Commonly, the water filter reviewers uttered the term “osmotic pressure” for narrating this pressure procedure. When this pressurized water passes through the RO System, chemical substances get a barrier to pass in the next stage. In other words, when water enters through reverse osmosis, pure water can pass to the next stage but the chemical substance cannot. Applying this procedure, water filters provide fresh & chemical-free water to us.
Advantages of Reverse Osmosis System
Needless to say, manufacturers of the best water filter keep this system for certain benefits. Without any utility of a system, it cannot be in the best water filtration systems. The benefits of this system are easily understandable. Being a no-professional one, you can understand all the benefits in just one reading. Now we’re going to show you those advantages for which this system has been kept. Let’s see!
- RO system works without changing the water motion. That’s why much energy consumption is not needed to run the RO System. Even if you think about the space needed, you’ll see that lesser space is needed in running the reverse osmosis in comparison with any other desalting procedure. Suppose if you examine the water distillation process, it will be clear to you that the distillation system occupies almost the space similar to the installation of a filter system. In addition to that, you need not do any hard job every day to run this reverse osmosis. Setting up the filter system once is enough for running the reverse osmosis automatically.
- If you look at the elements of reverse osmosis, you’ll get valves, flow-meters, pumps, motors, and some other tools. Developing a full reverse osmosis system is not possible at all by a below standard company. What do we mean? We’re not so crazy to say all the companies who do not follow the reverse osmosis system is bad. Rather we want to say the RO system is developed by only the good companies under the active supervision of competent engineers. Having reverse osmosis in a filter system indicates that all other functions of that filter are probably up to the mark.
- If you read some filter reviews carefully you’ll see the term TDS. It stands for Total dissolved solids and indicates the substances that are dissolved with the natural water. Removing such TDS without using Reverse Osmosis is hardcore jobs spending hours. But using RO you can enjoy delicious water from your faucet without doing anything yourself. Suppose, Top Tier Supreme Certified Alkaline Mineral pH+ High Output 90 GPD 6-Stage filter (10th of our listing) is offered to remove 99% of TDS applying this RO system. Isn’t it worth to use in the best water filtration system?
- If you’re tensed with the maintenance issue then this RO system is the suitably perfect one for you. You’ve not to do any regular work for the maintenance of this system. Even you’ll not have to do any single bit of work for installing it. That means it is already kept in the water filtration system. You’ll install it with the installation of the water filter keeping RO system in it. Nothing more is needed for the maintenance of the RO System other than the maintenance of your filter. In our listing, all the nine filters except the APEC WFS-1000 Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage Under-Sink Water Filter System (7th in our listing) are kept RO System.
- If you examine the Curry of two places- RO Filtered using area & other areas, you’ll found two tastes. Even the consequences are also different that may not be understood in a few days. The RO system makes this difference. This system develops the odor and taste of the water. Natural water contains some substance that affects the color, taste, and odor of water. The removal of those three without the RO System is not possible at all. Just applying the RO System once you’ll be able to get the pure water- odorless, colorless, and tasteless. That’s why using this pure water for cooking purposes is a much desirable option than the others.
Disadvantages of Reverse Osmosis
Every beneficial thing contains some harmful sides too. That’s also applicable in the case of reverse osmosis. This most beneficial system includes some Disadvantages. Keep on the reading to catch on the point!
- Reverse osmosis doesn’t need any maintenance it is to some extent true. But is not a self-sustaining tool as many people think. If you don’t clean this system as often as you can, then some chemical substances will be clogged on the membrane. After such clogging, you’ll not get pure water like the newest reverse osmosis. If you use it years after years without any cleaning you’ll not get proper support from your reverse osmosis. Even you’ll experience filthy substances in the filtered water. For using this system you need to clean it every three to four months. At the same footing, it is also true that it needs lesser care in comparison with the other filtering tools.
- This system is costly to develop and for that reason the filters having this system also costly. Only this system increases the filter cost many times. That may not be friendly to every pocket. Here another point to be mentioned that you’ll not get filters having reverse osmosis anywhere near your home. It is doubly applicable to you if you’re not in the USA. In that, you’ll hardly find any manufacturer of reverse osmosis developing company outside the USA. Yet a system of such value is desirable to be costly like that. You can catch the point of cost at the first sight of this sentence- Recently WHO and UNICEF take a mission to develop this system. Such well-known international organizations are considered the effectiveness of this system.
- An important issue is that you’ll hardly find any people who can maintain or run this system. You’ll get the support of a manufacturing company in the time of installation or for some other situations. But you’ve to use this system every day. If any complexity occurs, you’ll generally not found any handy person to fix it. It is not out of ordinary to face complexity in day to day filtering water. For this reason, many experts don’t recommend the filter having reverse osmosis to the newbie in the filtering system.
- RO system is not the only system in the best water filtration system. There are also some of the systems to purify water inside the water filter. When after passing the filtering system water enters the RO system, it takes time. For this reason, the filters having reverse osmosis takes a bit more time in the filtering procedure. In other words, filters having the RO system take more time in passing this system. For that reason, people who need more water for household purposes dislike this RO system.
- It is well-known to all that the RO system removes the filthy substances. But if you see the list of those substances you’ll be astonished. In that, natural water contains many elements other than water. Some beneficial elements, like- magnesium, sodium, iron, calcium, etc are also in the natural water. RO system removes away all those items irrespective of their effectiveness. That’s why if you drink the water comes from passing the reverse osmosis you’ll be deprived of some healthy minerals. For meeting this need, some best water filters like- iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100 GPD High Capacity, Boosted Performance under Sink 7-Stage filter (ninth in our listing) keeps the system of Alkaline Re-mineralization at the last stage. But this system of Re-mineralization isn’t kept in all the filtration system.
Yet the advantages and disadvantages of reverse osmosis system are many but we’ve to look at the advantages we like. Suppose the last point of disadvantages mentions a way in which you can get the features of mineral water using a reverse osmosis system. Here, narrating the disadvantages doesn’t prove that the advantages of this system are almost fruitless. Rather, the objective of this full disclosure is to intimate you the way in which you can overcome the disadvantages. You can see it in another angle- what will be the consequence if we exclude the RO System? It will be more harmful than these mentioned disadvantages.
What Is UV Purification? Why it is kept in the Best Water Filters?
UV purification, in case of water filters, stands for Ultraviolet water purification. To purify the natural water it uses electromagnetic energy. General filtering of incoming water cannot purify all the substances from water. For this reason, Ultraviolet water purification is needed. After purifying the incoming water using some purifying tools, some of the living microorganisms remain in the water. You need to remove those or at least kill those to make it usable to you. That job is done by the UV purification applying electromagnetic energy. On using this energy those microorganisms cannot sustain as the living one. You’ll not be able to destroy all these microorganisms, like- Giardia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, Vibrio, Entamoeba, Cryptosporidium, etc. If you use this water keeping those alive it will be ultimately harmful to you. Even these harmful elements are not seen in the naked eye. That’s why UV purification is used in all the best water filters.
Advantages of UV Purification
There are a good number of advantages of UV purification and for that reason, every best water filtering system keeps this system. This one feature of UV purification is enough to understand the effectiveness of it. Now we’re going to tell some advantages that are of any general UV purification. That means you’ll see the following features in all the UV purifications. In some of the best water filtering systems contain a much-improved model of this purification. The improved model is able to provide some more beneficial features. Let’s see the advantages!
- US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) authorizes only 4 methods for purifying natural water. UV purification is one of them. This one feature of this system is enough to understand the effectiveness of this system. No other system is able to destroy all the microorganisms of natural water that is done by the UV system. Disinfecting chlorine through UV purification has some great benefits in terms of the environment. This system is the number one choice of many people for its Environmentally Friendly feature. In that, this system is able to kill those microorganisms that are severely harmful to the environment.
- This system works based on the lamp. But it doesn’t consume more power as many people think. Rather it consumes less than the energy of 60 watts. It is not so big in consumption. Rather it will provide you such services that you’ll not get in spending 600 watts of energy. The power of this lamp or bulb will destroy all the microorganisms contained in the water. This bulb will hit those living substance in their living power. If we use or drink water keeping those organisms alive many diseases may cause. Even these living substances will create a bar to enjoy the beneficial sides of water after drinking it.
- In the case of every filtering option, it will bring down the water flow speed in the water faucets. But in the case of UV purifying, it will not slow down the water flow. In that, the water flow speed is hampered for getting an impediment on the filtering net or shell. Suppose, in case of reverse osmosis, water enters through a porous membrane and thus the water flow speed slows down. But, in the case of UV purification, water doesn’t pass any net or membrane. It will purify the natural water using a bit of electric energy. So there is no possibility to hamper the flow. Certainly, this purification system will work for making the water free from living pollutants while the speed remains the same.
- All the other filtering options cleanse away filthy substances using the net or other shells. After some days of using filthy substances is clogged in the net or shell because water passes through these nets or shells. Apart from these systems, UV purification uses only energy to turn on a light. That’s why this UV light doesn’t become filthy clogged tools like all others. As it doesn’t become filthy or ineffective off and on, you don’t need to do any job for its maintenance. You can run this device inside your water filter months after months without facing any complexity.
- Purifying time is also a matter in case of the best water filter. In the case of the RO system or pre-filter system, there needs some time for purifying water. But in case of this UV purification, natural water will be bacteria and virus free within seconds. Even besides filtered water, some people use chlorine or chloramines for purifying water. But such chlorine or chloramines also take more time in comparison with the UV purifying. In terms of effectiveness, the UV system is many times more effective than chlorine. This version is doubly applicable in the case of waterborne cysts. From all aspects, this system is more scientific than all the others.
You’ll get all these advantages in a general UV purification whatever its model or capacity may be. If you use costlier filters, you’ll get some extra features. Yet the above-mentioned benefits are enough for purifying natural water of any locality.
Disadvantages of UV Purification
Like all the other filtering systems or ways, it is not free from all types of disadvantages. It has also some of the disadvantages that you should know before ordering your desired one. Knowing all the issues properly will help you in maintaining the whole filtering system. If you face any problem of understanding the terms used in this point, read twice to understand. These points are necessary to properly understand for so many reasons. Let’s see those disadvantages!
- There is no doubt about it- This purification system is able to kill all the harmful microorganisms using the bulb. But the dead organisms remain in the water it is also true. The UV light is not able to remove away this dead stuff from water. Even if you increase the power of your UV light, it will not also be able to do so then. That’s why one thing should be borne in mind- If you apply only UV purification on the natural water it will not be usable to you. A long way still remains after applying the UV purifier. Your filtering system has to pass those ways to make the water perfect for your drink. Otherwise, you’ll not be able to get “healthy & fresh” water.
- It is well known to us that the UV purification system runs its function through lighting. Here a complexity still remains that is beyond the comprehension of general peoples. This lamp or bulb is not the general type of light, like the light in our bedroom. When we turn on the lights of our bedroom or kitchen you see their effect. But in case of the UV light, you’ll not be able to see the function of this light in the naked eye. Even the function of this light cannot be examined every day. If the UV light inside your filter becomes ineffective for any reason, you’ll not be able to find out this issue instantly. Even it may cause due to any electrical complexity. That’s’ a big problem- You think that you ensure all the way to get fresh water but these ways are not working for you.
- UV purification systems throw UV rays in the natural water and thus the microorganisms destroyed. Such rays don’t remain in the filtered water after purifying for once. There is no system that the existence of any microorganism will turn on the UV light. The UV light will start its action depending on some other criteria. If any microorganism remains in the water and UV rays are absent, the remaining microorganism will produce many of those. In that, their production rate is so high. Thus your UV purification may become ineffective. It is extremely hard to fix this problem. Even daily checking of the effectiveness of UV light is neither possible nor desirable.
- The natural water may be of many types. It depends on the locality you live in. the water of some locality is muddy or murky. Even the natural water of some locality is not so fresh. A piece of important information on the UV light is almost unknown to many of the users. That is- to get the proper function of UV light, the natural water must be fresh. Otherwise, the UV light will not work. If your natural water is fresh, you’ll get the benefit of UV light then. When the best water filter runs its function for some days, many filthy germs clogged in the inside of the filter. In summing up all the issues, it can be told that becoming murky is not out of ordinary. But in those cases, the UV purification system becomes ineffective.
- Needless to say, the UV light needs electricity to run its function. Using UV purification your filter system doesn’t become fully electricity-free. Another problem is that if your locality is prone to load shedding, then the UV purification system doesn’t work properly. In that, incoming water enters the filter system when there is no electricity in your locality, the UV purification will not start the work. You can get rid of this problem if your filter system contains a storage tank. But all the best water filtration system doesn’t contain such shortage tanks. And that’s why the UV system is not perfect for every locality.
In the case of the effectiveness of the UV purification system, there is no doubt about the overall performance of it. That’s why all the best water filtration systems kept this system. There are some disadvantages to this system it is true, but it is also true that there are many ways to overcome these disadvantages. Check the full water filtration system at least once in a month. You’ll be able to avoid any unwanted disadvantages caused by UV purification. Here, disadvantages don’t mean purely harmful features. Rather, in the cases mentioned above, you’ve to be more careful.
What is the Re-Mineralization Procedure? Why it is kept in Many Best Water Filters?
When water comes in the filter, it is mixed with a good number of elements. These elements may be seen or unseen. The best water filtration system is for cleansing away all those elements. But the question is- Are all those harmful? Certainly, all of those elements are not harmful rather some of those are beneficial for human health too. For fixing this issue, the re-mineralization procedure is kept in many filters. In this procedure, after filtering away all the filthy elements, some beneficial minerals add in the already filtered water. After such adding the water comes out from the faucet and we drink that water. By drinking this water we get all the features of mineral water in which all the healthy minerals exist. This system is kept in many best water filtration systems. Suppose iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100 GPD High Capacity, Boosted Performance under Sink 7-Stage filter (8th in our listing) keeps this system. After accomplishing the mineralization procedure, you’ll get sodium, bicarbonate, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and the like in the faucet water. To choose the best option for you, you need to know the good and bad of mineral water.
Advantages of Mineralized Water
There are a good number of advantages of mineral waters. This water has great importance in terms of our health. That’s why the USA Food and Drug Administration conditioned that to be mineral water 250 ppm minerals must-have in a bottle of water. Now we’re going to show you some “amazing benefits” of this mineral water. All these amazing ones are for the betterment of your physical and mental well-being. Let’s see those!
- Minerals are needed to build our bones. Calcium is a well-known element for the betterment of our bones. A good source of calcium is water. If we remove away all the TDS from water applying any water filtration system we’ll be deprived of such beneficial elements. In addition to building our bones, it also makes our existing bones strong. That’s why we need mineral water for our bone health. Mineral water is doubly important for those people who need physical strength or doing their job.
- Heart disease and high blood pressure is common diseases all over the USA. Even high blood pressure becomes common in our day to day busy schedule. This type of complexity may cause many other diseases too. Do you know- what’s the cause of high blood pressure? Among the causes of high blood pressure, the deficiency of calcium & magnesium is mentionable. Recently a study was conducted on 70 elderly people. In this study, they had to take 1 bottle of mineral water every day. After some days, it was seen that their high blood pressure complexity is solved.
- The heart is one of the significant organs for our living. It may sound a little bit bizarre that Carbonated mineral can prevent almost all heart diseases. This mineral also brings down the level of triglycerides & LDL cholesterol that is needed for the betterment of your heart. The best water filters that keep the re-mineralization system keep magnesium in their mineralization list. An important benefit of magnesium is to prevent death risk due to heart failure. For treating heart disease among the postmenopausal women, minerals are common ingredients in the formula for their medicines.
- When we eat food, it is digested inside. Then we get the benefit or nutrition from those edible foods. The rich mineral water “speeds up” the digestion process. If your digestion is of the normal state, you’ll feel indigestion off and on. In that, we eat different types of foods every day. The mineral water keeps your digestion speed normal and fit for digest in changing situations. You’ll not be able to keep the digestion health without taking edible mineral items. Here water is a good source of the mineral.
- Skin health is of great importance to all of us. Especially, it is doubly important to the fashion-conscious man & women. To moisturize the skin, Mineral water is a must. It keeps your skin away from early wrinkles. Yet skin wrinkle is one of the common aging effects. Without taking filtered mineralized water you’ll not be able to keep your skin moisturized all day long. Last but not least, mineral water can keep you safe from some fevers, like- rheumatism & arthritis.
Disadvantages of Mineralized Water
The advantages of mineral water are many in numbers. On the other hand, it has some significant health risks. Now we’re going to show you the disadvantages of this mineralized water. Look carefully on the every point otherwise you’ll not be able to catch on the point. Proper understanding of the below-mentioned 5 points will enable you to get the most suitable decision for the betterment of your health. Let’s see those points!
- Carbonated water has a significant risk to the teeth. Enamel is an important factor to keep the teeth proper functioning. But this Carbonated water damages the enamel of our teeth. On regular use of this, it lowers the hardness of enamels that eventually damage the teeth. The pH level of water is also an important matter. Generally, mineralized water has a little pH than the general water. The long-time effect of this low pH rate in water is the decay of the enamel hardness. That’s why this water rich in minerals may be harmful to some aspects.
- Mineralization procedure kept in many best water filtration systems for keeping some healthy minerals. But the item kept in this system is not always beneficial for our health. It is not the fiction, rather the research-backed truth. Every filter system doesn’t keep the same standard for keeping the same minerals in this procedure. Even the EPA of the USA recently published a report mentioning that the standard of mineral water is not found to be the same in all the areas. They even mentioned in the report that after the mineralization process some contaminants are also in the filtered water.
- After the mineralized process, filtered water becomes healthy because it contains some healthy minerals. It is true to some extent. But the level of mineral elements is not the same in all the best water filters. When we eat or drink such water having excess minerals, it may cause a health risk. Suppose zinc is beneficial for human health. There is no doubt about it. But the excess dosage of zing may cause Nausea & vomiting, appetite loss, Abdominal cramps, immune dysfunction, and some other health risks.
- Magnesium is another mineral element like the zinc. The water filters that keep the re-mineralization process, keep magnesium in their re-mineralization process. That means after mineralizing the filtered water magnesium is added with it. There is no suspicion about the beneficial sides of these mineral elements. But at the same time, it is also true that excess taking of magnesium may cause gastrointestinal problems, like- cramping, diarrhea, and nausea. Even long-time excess taking of this mineral substance causes kidney problems and urine retention.
5. The re-mineralization process has some importance in terms of our health there’s no gainsaying. Yet this process makes the water filtering process lengthy. When you use two filters of two types- one having re-mineralization procedure and the others have not, then you’ll understand the difference. The best water filter that doesn’t include the re-mineralization process, will supply filtered water after 5 or 6 stages of filtration. When the water is free of all particles or filthy substances, it will deliver you. On the other hand, in the case of filters including re-mineralization step will do an extra stage, that is- re-mineralization. After passing the time of this stage, you’ll get the water from the faucet. That’s why the filters having no re-mineralization stage can deliver filtered water rapidly in comparison with the other.
Like all the other beneficial things, mineralized water contains some bad effects. Don’t be worried, overtaking of any beneficial elements can harm you. This version is also applicable here. The minerals are not generally harmful to human health. Yet you should take care of the consuming amounts. To check this issue, you should examine the filtered water every month for at least once. This checking will get you rid of the disadvantages of mineralized water. Don’t avoid the advantages of this type of water. This mineralized water is useful for our health in so many aspects. That issue cannot be and should be ignored.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Almost all the features of these filters have some mentionable disadvantages- Why we choose them?
Ans. – First off, you’ll not find any beneficial tools or things that don’t have any disadvantages. It is applicable for all the things including any best water filter. Here disadvantages mean some features of these filters on which you should be more cautious. There is no rapidly harmful element in these filters. Suppose, there is no filter in our listing that will augment the filth level of natural water. Or there is no filter in our listing that will increase the bad odor of natural water. Rather the cons of these filters are such as- they don’t work below the water pressure of 45 PSI. This is exactly the cons of iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Superb Taste High Capacity Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter (1st in our listing). That means you should use this filter in such a locality where the water speed is more than 45 PSI.
- Are all the features of these filters for all the localities?
Ans. – The simple answer to this question is “no”. In that, the water quality of every area is not the same. A certain water filter is made for meeting a certain purpose. Suppose, the water of your locality is muddy, then you’ve to consider that the UV purification is not for you. If the water of your locality is full of microorganisms, like- bacteria and viruses, then you should choose iSpring RCC7P Boosted Performance Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System (sixth in our listing). In that, this filter offers better Reverse Osmosis and it is needed to destroy all the microorganisms.
- Is it expedient to choose any filter performing re-mineralization process?
Ans. – Why not you should choose those? If you see the comment section of any re-mineralization procedure performing filter, you’ll see customers are happy using those filters. If you want to know- how you can avoid the disadvantages of these filters then we would like to say check the user manual and description of the filter. Read the comment section scrolling down the page. Step forward to find out- what will be added after re-mineralization? Suppose, iSpring RCC7P-AK Boosted Performance Under Sink 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Filtration System and Ultimate Water Softener with Alkaline Re-mineralization (8th in our listing) claims to add calcium, magnesium, and some others. These two and the other mineral are beneficial for our health. If you want to avoid the excess amount of minerals, just check the amount every month. That’s enough for your well-being.
- Is any particular type of water is needed to run these filtration systems?
Ans. – It varies from filter to filter. Yet some issues are common and they’re applicable for all the filters in our listing. Suppose water temperature is one of the issues. 40 – 100 °F of water temperature is applicable for all the 10 filters in our listing. It means that the natural water of your locality must be from 40 – 100 °F. In case of more or less than this recommended temperature, these filters will not function. In case of the other issues like- water pressure, GPM, etc, it is dependent on the filter you choose. Yet there are also some common issues. Suppose in 50 PSI water pressure all the filters will run their functions.
- How many stages of filtration are needed to make the natural water usable to us?
Ans. – Generally, the best water filtering system offers 5 to 7 stages of filtration. It doesn’t mean the effectiveness of all these stages is the same. Suppose, iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100 GPD High Capacity, Boosted Performance Under Sink 7-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System (8th in our listing) offers 7 stages. In the case of this filter 5 stages are for purifying water, and the rest two is for re-mineralizing the already filtered water. Generally, pre-filtering stages keep in the filtration system for removing away touchable particles while the advanced stages are for cleansing the microorganisms or germs.
- Can I drink the filtered water directly from the faucet without boiling or anything?
Ans. – It’s just unnecessary to boil the filtered water. Some people who’re not able to use a filter depending on the boiling. But you’ll get all the features of boiling on using any of the filters in our listing. As a rule, people follow the cleansing procedure for keeping themselves safe from the germs coming with the natural water. All these filters are for doing this job. Why do you need to boil the already safe water? Don’t make your life complex. The job of yours will be done by these filters. Just you need to check the filter functioning as often as you can. Nothing more is needed. All these filters of our listing are top-classes one. Perhaps you catch on the point.
- Is the health benefit of mineral water and taking food rich in mineral is the same?
Ans. – Here the benefits are the same- in which way you take the minerals- it doesn’t matter. Suppose iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100 GPD High Capacity, Boosted Performance Under Sink 7-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System (9th in our listing) offers to provide Alkaline Remineralization. Here you’ll get the features of minerals from the drinking water coming from the faucet. A question may arise that- you can eat mineral-rich food and- is the effect of these two taking processes same? Of course, they are the same. If you consume mineral, certainly it will give you the beneficial outcomes. Here the taking method is not important. Even it is applicable in case other harmful substances. Suppose, some germs enter into your body through drinking water, it will harm you. If the same germ can enter your body through any other ways it will harm you too.
- Are all these filters work in changing situations?
Ans. – What’s the changing situation?- that is the matter. Suppose, the incoming water pressure of your locality was 50 PSI, after some days it changes to 30 PSI, then you cannot run iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Superb Taste High Capacity Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ist in our listing) because it needs at least 45 PSI. But if you use iSpring RCC7P Boosted Performance Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System (sixth in our listing) then you can continue the running of this filter. In that, it can run its function in only 30 PSI. Suppose, the water of your locality becomes full of viruses and you use one of the above mentioned two, you can continue the use because these two are fit for tacking the viruses.
- What should I need if I want to use a filter for only drinking water?
Ans. – First of all, that’s not a wise decision. In that, if you use natural water for cooking and other purposes, you’ll not get the benefit of filtered water. In that, the germ of natural water will enter into your body in many ways. Yet the decision or choice is up to you. If you want to know which one is best for drinking water we would like to say iSpring RCC7P Boosted Performance Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System(sixth in our listing) is best for drinking mineral-free water. And iSpring RCC7P-AK Boosted Performance Under Sink 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Filtration System and Ultimate Water Softener with Alkaline Re-mineralization (8th in our listing) is best for getting mineral water. You can try any one of those for drinking purposes.
- Is it needed to use more than one filter?
Ans. – Generally simultaneously using more than one filter is not needed. But it can be needed in certain cases. Suppose, you use APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 75 GPD 6-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (3rd in our listing). It can produce 75 gallons a day. Suppose, for some reason, you need a more filtered water supply. Then you can use another filter for meeting your needs. If you want to use a filter for drinking and another for cooking you can also do so. This issue is entirely depending on your needs. But maintaining two filters is really a hard nut job for every people.
Ending Part- What Will Be the Best Option for All the Circumstances?
Now we’re at the eleventh hour. All the good and bad of the best water filtration system have been told already. Now the decision is up to you. If you understand all the points mentioned here, you’ll certainly be able to choose the right one for you because all the niceties have been shown. Whatever your filter maybe you’ll not get “beneficial outcomes” from that filter if your choice is wrong. That’s why considering the above-mentioned issues is so important. Here all the issues have been mentioned to choose the best water filtering system for you. Yet these 10 are best for some certain purposes. But all these 10 are not for you. Certainly, anyone of those filters is for you. Your job is to think out and find out that best filter. Read repeatedly all the points to get the “boosted outcome” from your ordered filter.